PURITO Comfy Water Sun Block 60 ml
What It Is: 100% Physical & Non-nano Sunblock
- A safe and mild sunscreen, suitable for children and those with rosacea, eczema or extra sensitive skin
- 70% Water-based formulation
- Refreshing lightweight daily formula perfect under makeup. Enriched with madecassoside, asiaticoside, madecassic acid, and asiatic acid, to keep skin feeling hydrated and protected all day.
- No white cast, No eye irritation
- Free of Alcohol, Fragrance, Essential Oil, Paraben, PEG, Silicone, and Mineral Oil
- EWG All Green & Derma Relief ingredients
- Cruelty-free, Pregnancy-safe, 100% Vegan
- Recommended by Dr Dray, Michelle Phan, James Welsh, Liah Yoo, and Michelle from Lab Muffin Beauty Science
- Made in Korea
- Expiry Date: August, 2023
- Niacinamide - reduces inflammatory acne, regulates sebum production, helps retain moisture, brightens skin, smooths wrinkle
- Madecassoside - antioxidant, wound healing, soothing
- Asiaticoside - antioxidant, wound healing, anti-inflammatory
- Zinc Oxide - physical sunscreen with the broadest spectrum, anti-irritant, helps control sebum, soothes acne
- Adenosine - wound healing, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing
How To Use
Take an appropriate amount (1/4 teaspoon for face or 1/2 teaspoon for face & neck combined) and spread evenly on areas exposed to the sun. Reapply every 2-3 hours.
This sunscreen should last 48 days or around 1.5 months if you apply only on your face (not on your neck and body) once a day every day. However, if you reapply during the day as well, it will be used up sooner.
Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Stearic Acid, Madecassoside, Asiaticoside, Madecassic Acid, Asiatic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer
1. Does it not have any scent at all?
It has been renewed without essential oil. This natural sunscreen is unscented.
2. What is the difference between a physical sunscreen and a chemical sunscreen?
Physical sunscreens act as a filter that blocks UV radiation by depositing a physical barrier on top of the skin to bounce off UVA and UVB rays. Chemical sunscreens block UV rays by absorbing UVA and UVB rays and then destroying them by converting them to heat.
Physical sunscreens are made from ingredients that are safer than those used in chemical sunscreens.
3. How did PURITO improve the stiff texture and white cast characteristic of physical sunscreens?
The shortcomings of physical sunscreens were compensated using a 70% water base in combination with our core technology. PURITO produced a daily sunblock that is transparent like a moisture cream, spreads with moisture when applied on the skin, does not smear your makeup, and adheres lightly to the skin.
4. What is the meaning of non-nano?
It is very important for sun care products to not be absorbed into the skin while blocking out UV rays. The ingredients in physical sunscreen could be made of nano-sized particles to reduce the white cast residue and improve its feel when you apply it. But this results in the undesirable effects of the UV blocker getting absorbed into the skin, causing skin troubles. Or if used as a spray, the UV blocker could trigger the respiratory disease. What we did with Comfy Water Sunblock was to use a non-nano sized inorganic ingredient that does not get absorbed into the skin and thus has a much milder and safer effect on the skin.
5. What is the difference between SPF and PA?
SPF is a measure of how well a product blocks out UVB rays, which can cause sunburns or skin cancer by damaging the epidermis. The higher the number that comes after SPF, the higher the UVB ray blocking rate. PA is a measure of how well a product blocks out UVA rays, which with their long wavelength, can reach into the dermis and cause the formation of wrinkles, freckles, and darkening of the skin. PA is expressed with the ‘+’ symbol. The greater the number of ‘+’ in a PA rating of a sunblock, the greater its UVA blocking ability.
6. What kind of skin type is it good for?
With Comfy Water Sunblock, skincare for a wide range of skin types is possible. For people with oily skin, the sunblock aids in taking care of sebum because it contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which adsorb onto the sebum. Because the sunblock is water-based, it is also suited for dry skin.
7. Normally, physical sunscreens cause lifting or smearing of makeup. Can I apply Comfy Water Sunblock before applying my makeup?
PURITO Comfy Water Sunblock’s 70% water base and core technology cause the sunblock to soak into the skin, preventing the makeup from lifting or smearing. You can use the sunblock before applying makeup.
As a precaution, we recommend a patch test for those having sensitive skin before use. If you have any allergic reaction to the product such as redness, hives, etc, stop using the product immediately.